Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Cluster of Cups

This is charcoal drawing that I completed recently, it's not amazing but I am trying :).

As of late things have been very hectic, little to money, school starts tomorrow, some of my roomies are acting like cheap pricks, and a good friend of mine is asking me to borrow money from someone who I am not that close to so she can pay her car payment. *sigh*... It's fine though, I have expressed my stresses to my boyfriend and he is helping me. He tells me to focus on one thing at a time. I am constantly trying to "multi-task" and in doing so over work myself and get extremely stressed out. So far it's working.

I used to think that in order to stay on track and get where you want to go that you had to multi-task, and work on ever area at once to get things done quicker. That may work for some people, but apparently not me. I am glad he suggested for me to focus on one thing at a time. It presented me with a challenge to try things differently.  After all, I am always telling the friend of mine mentioned above that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.... It is funny how much sense that makes but so many people are guilty of doing it. Have you ever been so hungry and had nothing to eat in the fridge but you continue to keep going back to the fridge to look in it, as if something might be there that wasn't there before? YOU'RE INSANE!!! no, lol I'm just kidding, that doesn't make you insane. :)


You know, idk if it's been stress lately or what but I had a very weird dream last night. Before I went to sleep I was telling myself over and over in my head that I was a smart student. (It's a form of psychology I do on myself,) and when I finally fell asleep I dreamed that I was visiting a friend and her family. Her parents had just had a baby and had given it to my friend to mother and take care of, because they saw themselves as too old to do it or something. I was helping her take care of it for a while and then when it was time for me to go, her parents got angry and where trying to keep me there. So (in my dreams I can always fly, it's just what I do...) I crawled out my friends bedroom window and started to fly off. Not even two seconds after climbing out the window her parents came outside looking for me. I tried to fly around the house to avoid them but I knew sooner or later they would find me. So finally I just flew to the opening where they could see me and shouted good bye to them, very politely might i add. They expressed their distress at me leaving and I begged their pardon but said there where things I needed to take care of. But they kept following me. I could not get away, ever direction I turned to fly there was a forest that had been burned down. I could not fly over them because in addition to the still raising smoke but no flames, there was something very wrong about it, something very scary. but, only scary and threatening to me, they seemed to be completely oblivious to the harm that could be done.... And then I woke up.

Sometimes I can go back to dreams that I have dreamed, if I think about the dream and every detail about it right before I fall asleep. Which seems weird that I would have this dream considering the message I was relaying to myself before I went to sleep.

But I am not worried about it, if it means something it will work itself out. If it doesn't then there is no need to worry anyway. I am just going to stay focussed on school and work for the time being,... but mostly school. That's the most important thing.

1 comment: