Thursday, January 13, 2011

Expression

I feel so frustrated when it comes to drawing, no matter what I decide to draw with, charcoal, graphite, ink, colored pencil, anything I feel as though I can't get what is in mind on to the the paper. How I am suppose to express myself when nothing comes out the way it is in my head?! idk I am very frustrated. I seem to be doing the best in charcoal though... I was going to draw some fall leaves that I took a picture of while visiting some dear friends out of state, however it was looking very bad and I just don't have the energy for it. Ever since school started all I can think about homework, but in a good way.

I like home work it keeps my brain in shape,... I suppose if I keep drawing it will make me better with that too. hmpf,... well I did do another charcoal contour drawing of my chihuahua today:


Still looks kinda like a fox, and I could use a little practice on proportions, but all in all, I think i see a tiny bit of improvement.

A really good friend of mine told me that she received some great advice for charcoal drawing, she told me that her teacher suggested to focus on the negative colors, like the shadows when drawing. Its sounds logical and very helpful i just don't know if it's working for me. I just want the talent back that i used to have when i was a kid. Maybe i wasn't that good, maybe a just had confidence,... maybe that's what made me better? I guess being more confident couldn't hurt, and it would definitely make me feel better. That and some practice,... it's worth a try, don't you think?!

Well, I am off to study. Hope you all enjoy your night. And may you all work hard at your resolutions!

No comments:

Post a Comment